Wednesday 19 June 2013

The exhibition



I feel very pleased with the outcome of my exhibition. I feel I have improved considerably since last year. The whole experience has helped prepare me for moving onto degree level and has boosted my confidence. I now have understanding of the amount of time, effort, organisation and planning that goes into running an exhibition show and I feel my passion for art has grown. Huge credit for my tutors for their encouragement and support through all the challenges I have faced this year.















When I brought the dry-mounted drawing back from the framers Jamie thought that It should put into the gallery. Jamie and Jo helped hang my work. We also thought that we needed to fill more space at these sides of my space because I was worried about there being a huge empty space next to my other drawings. I was Initially going to have my sculpture at the bottom of this space but found a more suitable place. The 3-d qualties flow into the textile project just behind the board. The sculpture is also in a space were people can pass it without any distracting then from the work on the boards. The sculpture is noticable from across the exhibition room because of its glowing qualities. 

When one of the students hung her large framed photographs, I was worried about the reflections caused by spotlights over her photographs. We adjusted one of the lights so that the one facing towards the photographs were hidden behind my sculpture.









No comments:

Post a Comment